Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Match Your Mood: Rainy Day Tutorials

When I think of Spring, I think of sunny, warm, bright colors, and I tend to stock up on those kinds of colors for my makeup. But there are always those days when you wake up and it's pouring outside. Now personally, I don't mind these days. In fact, I cherish it because I think rain is relaxing. But bright colors don't really reflect my mood on these dark days. So I had the idea to show you the rainy day makeup I wear:
It's not just dark, but it's fun to wear and really edgy but also very pretty. Plus it's super easy! It just consists of a purple eyeliner, a brownish-rosy cheek and nude-pink lip.

Let's jump right in!

These are the items I'm using:
Fun!
1. I'm going to be using a really shimmery off white color as an all over the lid color:
This will go on as a nice contrast to the dark liner we are going to put on, and it's just a nice base.
2. Next is the gel eyeliner from MAC in Macroviolet! With a thin line on top, you can wing it out a teensy bit. Now draw a thin liner on the bottom of the eye and connect it to the wing. Finally line the water line of your eye to thicken it up.

3. With either a smudge brush or an eyeshadow applicator you get in palette, smudge out the wing so it's a little softer and not as clean and perfect.

4. Now with a pencil brush dip it in a white color (you can use the same color as your base or a different one) and place some into the inner corner and under your brow. My reasoning for this is because even though it might be gloomy out, and your makeup is pretty dark, so I want to still draw light towards your eyes.

5. The same goes for this step: curl your lashes! And of course, apply your favorite mascara.

6. I don't really want a bright pink cheek, so a little more brown will still look great but it won't be as harsh and bright.
7. Finally I want to have a nude-y pink lip so I'm going to first put my Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee, and then my NYX  Goddess of the Night Lipgloss in French Kiss. It's a nude pink combo and I adore it!

There you have it :) How does makeup reflect your mood? Tell me in the comments!

xxoo
Anna




No comments:

Post a Comment