Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Red, White, and Beauty- A Memorial Day Tutorial!

Ok. I couldn't resist.
I know, I know. Memorial day is weeks away. But I got really excited for a Red, White & Blue Tutorial...I just couldn't wait!

So here is what it will look like:
I know, awkward picture. Anyway, this is a look with a blue eye liner and a very pretty redish pink lip. It was tons and tons of fun to create :)

Lets jump right in!
1. After doing all that necessary moisturizer, foundation and concealer (how ever you prefer to do your face makeup), I'm going to prime my eyes. Since this will probably be worn to a party or something, primer is important! You don't want your makeup to smudge :)

2. Now with my finger I'm going to put a color that I found in my Ulta Makeup Pallette....thing. I've had this for years, so if you don't have it, obviously it won't make or break this look. Basically you just want to put a silvery-blue color like this all over your lid:
Don't mind my thing, it's a total mess!

3. Anyway, after this is all over your lid, take a blue-ish-white color and put this in your crease. I'm using another color from this pallete.
4. Once you've defined your eyes, you can move right into eyeliner. I'm using my Revlon Luxurious Eyes Eyeliner in Electric Blue. This is what it looks like!

It's an extremely bright blue, but it will look amazing. Just line the top of your eye and your waterline for a very wild but fun look.

5. Use your favorite shimmery white eyeshadow (I'm going to use just a plain white color in that palette) and place it into the inner corner and underneath the brow to bring lots of light to that area.

6. Now using your favorite mascara, curl your lashes and apply a few coats. I'm going for big, bold lashes that top off the look.


7. Moving onto the cheeks. I wanted a slightly less pink blush for this look, mainly because I want to focus on the eyes and lips. For the cheeks I used Ulta's blush in "Flush". I actually got this in a huge bag of Ulta stuff during one of their "Buy $20 worth of stuff and we'll give you tons back!" sales. I'm really glad I did though, because I got my Voluptuous Volume Mascara with it. Anyway, I'm going to sweep this color on to my cheeks and a little higher up just make sure the color doesn't get to dark in one area.
8. Finally we are at the best part! The reddish-coral lip :) I'm going to use my Sephora Brand Lipstick in the color "Sweet Embrace":

If you build up this lipstick, it gets darker (as you can hopefully see in the swatch) and it looks even more red for the flag!

And there you have it. This is an amazingly fun look and even though Memorial Day is weeks away, it's still fun!

Also: look out for a Mother's Day Brunch tutorial!

Have a lovely weekend :D
xoxo
Anna




No comments:

Post a Comment