Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Recreate It: Emma Watson

I'm crazy for looking at different celebrity fansites and their photoshoots, and then trying the look on myself. One of my all time favorite celebrities is Emma Watson. I think her style is wearable, and she's just plain gorgeous. So when I stumbled across her at the Tribeca Film Festival I couldn't stop looking at the makeup and outfit in these amazing photos.
Click to view full size imageClick to view full size image
Pictures from here

Of course, my first thought was how could I blog about this? I thought I'd give a little makeup recreation (nothing too much like a full blown tutorial, but more of an overview) and try to find similar clothing to hers in these pictures.

She has dark eyes with a lot of light in the inner corner, with rosy cheeks and a pinkish-coral lip. It's edgy but very feminine at the same time!

After priming my lids, I'm not going to do an all over the lid color, but I am going to put a really nice matte dark brown color in the crease. I found this eyeshadow in my drawer and had no idea what brand it is, but I have a swatch of the general color below (along with my Mac Mineralized Skinfinish and an eyeliner I swatched for a different tutorial):
This shadow is the one all the way on the right. You can use any matte brown shadow you want though. I like the way this one looks because there is absolutely no shimmer and it's dark enough to blend with the eyeliner we are going to use and still look beautiful. Then I'm just go to do a cat liner with any black liquid liner and smuge it a teensy bit so it isn't too harsh. Then to bring light to the eyes I'm placing a teensy bit of my Mac Mineralized Skinfinish is Soft in Gentle in the inner corner on on my browbone. These skinfinishes are extremely sparkly, but really help bring light to my eyes.
Finally I'm going to put a nice amount of my ELF Studio Blush in Pink Passion on the apples of my cheeks and pair my Sephora Lipstick in Sweet Embrace with my Nars lipgloss in Albatross. Albatross really doesn't have a lot of color, but it's shimmery and sparkly!

Now that the makeup is done, we get to move onto a recreation of the uique but stylish outfit she wore. Just saying, I probably wouldn't be daring enough to wear all of these pieces together, but I think seperately they are adorable! The first piece is the blue floral skirt. I found a really pretty one from Forever 21. The color is brighter and the print is more paint stroke-y than floral. I have other options, but this was definitely my favorite.

Picture from Forever 21, Get it for $11.06
Other options include these skirts (all from the Forever 21 website)

Left: $17.80 Right: $15.80
Next is the similarly printed top, which is black and white. When I saw this, I immediately thought "Urban Outfitters!"
I looked on their website and I found the closest to a black and white print. It's stripes, but I thought it had a similar cut and would look vey interesting with this type of skirt. If you aren't up for a printed skirt with it, a plain bright one would look great too!
On top is a black fitted leather jacket. Now, Urban Outfitters actually has a really nice one that is much less than their usual prices. This is actually only for $69!
Urban Outfitters pictures from here



There you have it! Have fun with this and have a lovely week! :)
-Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment