Pages

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Perfect Sunny Skin!

If you go out into the sun, you've probably heard your mother tell you to put on sunscreen or else you'll get skin cancer. And I'm positive we've all felt the effects of a pink sun burn. So, as the air gets warmer, I'm going to show you how to protect your skin from the sun, and if you do get a little (or a lot) pink, how to keep it healthy.

Keeping your skin healthy and protected is just as important as using, say, a heat protectant for your hair, or a top coat on your nails. Every day I use a sun screen under my concealer and foundation to protect my skin, whether I go inside or outside.

The sunscreen I've been using is Neutogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunblock in SPF 30. I love this because it dries nicely and protects my skin perfectly!
Picture from Neutrogena's Website

Using this is usually fine, but if you're planning on being at the beach or out in the sun all day, you might want to grab a 100+ SPF, especially if your job or hobby requires you outside often.

Every once in a while, you might miss a spot (I always miss my ears) and you do get sunburnt.

I have some tips for treating it:

1. Always wait at least two hours for the burn to cool before putting anything on it.
2. If you have to go out afterwards, skip the heavy creams on your face. You'll feel terrible all night because of how hot your face will be.
3. Once your face has cooled down, dab a little Aloe Vera Gel onto your burns to cool it down even more and help it heal.
4. Next time, build up your sunblock to protect yourself from burning again! :D

If you're interested in investing in an Aloe Vera, you can usually find any sort of brand aloe vera in the nearest drugstore near your vacation destination, but if you're looking for something to base it of off, you can usually buy this Banana Boat one in Target or CVS.

Picture from Here

Remember, stay out of the sun as much as possible :)

Have a great rest of the week and weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment