Pages

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Drugstore Makeup Tutorial: Aqua Fresh Eyes

Hey guys! I'm going to show you a blue eye makeup tutorial using all drugstore makeup (with the exception of my Nars Concealer). I decided to try out a spring-y summery blue shadow look, because I find that I look good in blues, but I don't want anything too old-woman stereotypical- blue eyeshadow and red lipstick. So I came across this gorgeous Revlon Ad with Olivia Wilde:

And decided to try a good watered-down version of this beautiful, polished look. My camera would not pick up the blues, so you'll have to take my word for it.

First I'm going to start by using my N.Y.C. Fit Me Foundation in the color "Light". I'm going to pat it into my skin. Next I'm going to use my NARS Stick Concealer in the shade "Medium 1 Custard". This goes underneath my eyes, on any blemishes and a small amount on each of my scars. Pat these in with your ring finger, because it has the lightest touch.
Now we are going to move on to priming your eyes. I'm using the primer that comes with my N.Y.C. Indvidual Eyes Palette in the color "Union Square". Next I'm taking my Sonia Kashuk Lid Brush and the E.L.F. Brightening Eyes Palette "Teal Dream" and I'm going to mix the shimmery white color on the top left, and the champagne color next to it, then brush it on my lid.
Next I'm using my Sonia Kashuk Crease Brush and my E.L.F. Brightening Eyes Pallete "Silver Lining". The second color over, which is like a dark blue with purple undertones, is the color I'm using for my crease. Don't worry about getting it everywhere, we'll fx it. Now I'm using my Sonia Kashuk Rounded Blending Brush and I'm going to blend the blue so there are no hard edges.
Then I'm taking my Sonia Kashuk Flat Topped Eyeliner Brush and my ULTA Baked Eyeshadow in the color "Deep Blue Something". This eyeshadow is really pretty, and when you mix it together it's a very beautiful Deep Aqua color. So take the flat topped brush and swirl it around on the patterned side a little. The pat the color onto you eyelid right about your lashes, like eyeliner. Do the same on the other side.
Next use the shimmery white color from the ELF Brightening Eye Pallete in "Teal Dream" for a highlight on the brow bone, in the inner corner and a little on the cupid's bow. Next take that same color with the lid brush, and highlight your cheeks.
Now I'm using my E.L.F. Eyelash Curler and curling my lashes. Top it off with ULTA's Lash Icon Mascara.
The eyes are done, so we are moving onto cheeks. Since we've done the highlight, all we have to do is use my ULTA Cheek Color in "Flush", smile to find the apples of your cheeks and dust it on using my Sonia Kashuk Blush Brush.
Finally, for lips, I am going to moisturize them by using my Lush Lip Scrub in the flavor "Mint Julips". Now I'm using my Palmer's Coco Butter Formula Swivel Stick on top. Finally I'm using my Revlon Lip Butter in the color "Creme Brulee".

This is good for March, because it is a good winter to spring transition look. It has cool, chilly eyes and a warm cheek, as well as sheen to your lips.
-Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment