Pages

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Get The Look: Taylor Swift in "Safe and Sound"

In honor of the new Hunger Games movie coming out Friday, I'm going to do a series of tutorials relating to the series and the movie. The first is for Taylor Swift, in her new music video for "Safe and Sound", a song on the HG soundtrack.  It's natural makeup, easy hair and a very, very pretty white dress.

First- Makeup!

1. Start by using your everyday foundation. I'm using my N.Y.C. Fit Me Foundation in the color "Light". She has very flawless skin, especially in this music video. Now take your concealer and cover up any blemishes you have.

2. Now take a pale powder and a powder brush. I would suggest using a shade on or one shade lighter than your skin tone for a more porcelain look. Blend this all over on your face and neck.

3. Her eyes and makeup in general is just very natural, but very pretty. I'm going to start with eyes and work my way down. To me it looks like she is wearing brownish purple eyeshadow and thick eyelashes. To start creating this, I'm using my Nars Eye Primer, which is an amazing primer, even better than Urban Decay Primer Potion. Next I'm going to use my NYC Individual Eyes Compact in Smokey Browns, and take the second from the top color, which is a grayish-brown. I'm sweeping it on with a lid brush and blending out the edge with a flat topped brush. I have a swatch of the color below.
4. Now I'm going to take an angled eyeliner brush, and taking the black color in my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. I'm going to pat this color into a thin line right above my lashes to make them thicker. You can blend it out a little if it looks too perfect. After that I'm going to highlight under my brow and in the inner corner of my eye with the third color in in the same palette.

5. Now I'm curling my eyelashes and coating them with my ULTA Volumptious Mascara. It gives them length and volume without looking too fake. I love fake eyelashes, but I don't think it would look right with such a natural look. Taylor is probably either wearing them or her lashes are just amazing, but to keep it simple, just go with this or your favorite mascara.

6. Next I'm highlighting my cheeks with the same highlighter I used before. Next I'm taking a cream blush. I'm using my Maybelline Dream Mousse in #20 Peach Satin. I love this blush because it is super easy to blend and looks gorgeous with nude eyes and on paler and darker skin tones. I absolutely adore it.

7. Moving on to lip color, I'm using two colors: My Revlon Lip Butter in Creme Brulee and my MAC Lipstick in "Snob". First I'm coating my lips with "Snob". It's a nice, light pick with a matte look and it's very beautiful and fun to wear. Now, to put a little more "nude" into it, I'm going to put a teensy bit of the Creme Brulee Lip Butter on my finger and then just pat it into my lips and rub them together.

We are done with makeup!

Hair Time!
1. After combing out my hair, I'm going to plug in my curling iron. I have a very simple Conair Curling Iron and it works great! While it is heating up, I'm going to split my hair in half horizontally, and spray it with my Aussie Heat Protectant Spray.

2. I'm going to take sections of my hair and curl them in different sections. I'm making it loose curls, so it doesn't look too overdone. If you have bangs, leave them seperate from the rest of the hair. Once the bottom is done, let down your other hair, spray and do the same.

3. I'm plugging in my straightener and going over the curls quickly. If one looks loose enough, don't go over it. Only the tighter curls. You can also straighten your bangs.

Done!

Outfit:

I found a very nice dress from Urban Outfitters. In the video, her dress has puffy sleeves and is very long. So I found a nice, casual summer dress to make it look like Taylor's, but not floor length.
This is the back:
So pretty! Here is the link to the dress and you can check it out yourself:

I can't wait for the movie :) See you later!
-Anna <3



No comments:

Post a Comment